You might remember our earlier recipe post for vanilla ice cream that shared some of the secrets to great, simple homemade ice cream, including the addition of bitters and booze. For the sake of clarity and convenience we’ve split that post into two parts and offer the second recipe from the original post below!
- Place heavy whipping cream, espresso and bitters in bowl and mix on high until fully whipped.
- In the meantime, mix biscotti crumbles in half and half & sweetened condensed milk. This will soften the biscotti and give it a more ‘bread pudding’ like texture when eaten later.
- Fold sweetened condensed milk, half and half with biscotti crumbles, into whipped cream. Whipped cream will break then homogenize into rich, frothy, creamy mixture.
- The amount of air you whip into the mixture will determine how light or dense the result will be. We recommend maximum air induction!
- Freeze for 6-8 hours and serve with Sel Gris de Guérande or raspberry sugar on top.
- Kick it up a notch and fold in some crumbled bacon or sprinkle some FACON on top! (or both!)