It was our pleasure to share three, five minute segments with the ABC 15 viewing audience on the morning of Monday, April 1, 2013. Below are each of the clips in order exactly as they appeared. The recipes are also included below!
(Brining Chicken, Choosing your Salt & Balsamic Caramelized Red Onions)
(Kickin’ Chicken Quesadilla)
(Booze Infused Ice Cream w/ Chocolate Cured Bacon & Applewood Smoked Sea Salt)
- 1 large red onion
- ⅓ cup Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sugar-licious Habanero sugar
- 1 pinch sel gris
- 2 Tbsp unsalted sweet cream butter
- Peel and cut onions in half. Place on flat side and slice longitudinally into ¼” strips (not half rings, that’s the wrong direction).
- In cast iron skillet or saute pan on medium-high heat melt butter in pan. Once butter is melted, add sliced onion and salt.
- Allow to saute for 2-3 minutes, then add vinegar and habanero sugar.
- Continue cooking until vinegar has completely reduced and onions are caramelized.
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ c. 80 proof alcohol of choice (cognac, brandy, etc.)
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- Pour heavy whipping cream and alcohol into mixing bowl and mix on high until stiff peaks form.
- Leaving mixer on high, slowly drizzle in sweetened condensed milk until incorporated.
- Pour mixture into tupperware and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Fruit, cookies, chocolate chips, etc. can be added into mixture as well.