It was again our pleasure to share three, five-minute segments with the ABC 15 viewing audience on the morning of Friday, July 31, 2013. Below are each of the clips in order exactly as they appeared. The recipes are also included below!
(Why skirt steak, seasoning, grilling & peppers and onions!)
(Pico de Gallo & Chipotle Sour Cream)
(Grilled Bourbon Macerated White Peaches w/ Vanilla Ice Cream & Fumée de Sel)
- 2 lbs beef skirt steak (substitute chicken or portobello mushrooms if you prefer)
- 1 container simple seasonings – fajita (by go lb. salt ®)
- 1 lime
- Dust skirt steak w/ fajita seasoning, flip skirt steak & repeat.
- Slice lime in half and squeeze juice of both halves over dusted skirt steak, flip skirt steak & repeat.
- Open tequila bottle, place thumb over opening and splash tequila onto dusted, limed skirt steak, flip skirt steak & repeat.
- Allow skirt steak to marinate for 0-60 minutes. (yes, you can go straight to the grill!)
- Allow quick seared grill marks, then flip skirt steak constantly to cook evenly through and even char without over-cooking.
- 2 lbs. tomatoes (heirlooms are best)
- ¼ c. green onion, minced
- ½ c. white onion, finely chopped
- ¾ c. cilantro, chopped
- 2 medium jalapenos
- 4-5 key limes or 2 regular limes
- Hawaiian Red sea salt
- Slice tomatoes in half, remove seeds from about half of the tomatoes. Chop into ¼” – ½” pieces so that tomatoes are slightly larger than other chopped/ minced ingredients.
- Place chopped tomatoes into large mixing bowl.
- Dice green onion, white onion and cilantro. Finely chop jalapenos. Combine all with tomatoes.
- Add juice of two limes. Add 2 pinches Hawaiian Red sea salt.
- Taste. Add more salt if needed.
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 small can Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- Open can of Chipotle Peppers and pour approximately 1 Tbsp. of the adobo sauce into sour cream.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Halve & pit peaches. Place peach halves in tupperware container with bourbon. Let macerate for 1-4 hours.
- Lightly salt flesh side of peaches with Bolivian Rose sea salt, then grill; flesh side down for about 2 minutes, then skin side down until mostly soft.
- Slice peaches over vanilla ice cream and finish with Fumee de Sel sea salt.