A special thanks to Sonoran Living Live for featuring our premium Bring Home The Bacon!
(Shrimp & Cream Cheese Stuffed, Bacon Wrapped, Jalapeno Poppers – w/ Maple Applewood Bacon)
(Summertime Pasta alla Carbonara – w/ Black Truffle Bacon)
(Bourbon Bacon Ice Cream – w/ Chocolate Bacon)
- 30 whole Fresh Jalapenos (approx. 3” long)
- 8 oz. raw shrimp
- 1 lb. Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 lb. Original Bacon (Applewood-Maple) Bring Home The Bacon by go lb. salt
- sea salt (Sel Gris de Guerande recommended)
- Tellicherry pepper
- Cut jalapenos in half, length-wise. With a spoon, remove the seeds and pith (the white membrane is also called pith and is the source of the heat; leave a little if you like things HOT).
- Dice shrimp into ¼” pieces. Combine shrimp and softened cream cheese until completely incorporated, then season with salt and pepper.
- Smear softened cream cheese mixture into each jalapeno half. Wrap jalapeno with bacon pieces. Use toothpicks to secure bacon in place as necessary.
- Bake on a pan with a rack in a 375-degree oven for 20-25 minutes. You don’t want the bacon to shrink so much it starts to the squeeze the jalapeno. If, after 20 minutes, the bacon doesn’t look brown enough, just turn on the broiler for a couple of minutes to finish it off.
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 2 Tbsp. EVOO
- 1 lb. Truffle Bacon – (Bring Home The Bacon brand from go lb. salt)
- 1 medium onion (1/4″ diced)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 oz. sriracha salted sun-dried tomatoes (or plain sun-dried tomatoes – optional)
- fresh pea shoots (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ c. grated grana padano (or Locatelli pecorino romano)
- Sel Gris sea salt
- Tellicherry pepper
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti pasta until al dente. Drain well. Toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil (or rendered bacon fat), and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet, cook chopped bacon until slightly crisp; remove and drain onto paper towels. Leave bacon fat in pan; add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and heat in reused large skillet. Add chopped onion, and cook over medium heat until onion is translucent. Add minced garlic, and cook 1 minute more.
- Add chopped sun-dried tomatoes and return cooked bacon to pan; add cooked and drained spaghetti. Toss to coat and heat through, adding more olive oil (or bacon fat) if it seems dry or is sticking together. Add beaten eggs and yolks and cook, tossing constantly with tongs or large fork until eggs are barely set. Quickly add ½ cup grana padano, and toss again. Add salt and pepper to taste (remember that bacon and grana padano are very salty).
- Serve immediately with pea shoots sprinkled on top, and extra cheese at table.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- ½ lb. Chocolate Bacon – Bring Home the Bacon by go lb. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup bourbon
- 10 lbs. ice
- 2 cups rock salt
- 4-8 ziplock bags
- Place ice and rock salt in large bowl, pot or cooler. Shake and or stir until ice has melted by half or more.
- Chop bacon into ½” pieces and cook until crispy. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Place heavy whipping cream, half & half, sweetened condensed milk and bourbon in a bowl, and mix until combined.
- Divide bacon evenly among total number of ziplock baggies used.
- Pour liquid mixture into ziplock bags, dividing evenly among the total.
- Zip each bag closed and place in ice water container. Let stand for 5 minutes, take out, massage bag and place back in ice water for 2-3 more minutes.
- Remove bag from ice water, spoon frozen ice cream into bowls and serve.